Recipe Type: Dinner
A hearty casserole, loaded with veggies. Great for a make-ahead or freezer friendly meal. Serve with side salad. Calorie Cutter: Put cheese on only half of casserole or omit completely. Make it vegetarian: Omit chicken and add a second can of beans
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 19-oz can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen (thawed) or fresh
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 corn tortillas, quartered
- 1 19-oz can mild red or green enchilada sauce (or salsa)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Grate zucchini.
- Add zucchini, beans, tomatoes, corn, cumin and salt to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Scatter half the tortilla pieces in the baking pan. Top with half the vegetable mixture, half the enchilada sauce or salsa, and half the cheese. Repeat with one more layer of tortillas, and the remaining ingredients. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake about 10 minutes more.
Serving size: 3x4in piece Calories: 400